Saturday, September 17, 2011

Scout's Honor

Jaron started Boy Scouts last week. He is a Wolf Cub, Pack 48. We went the day before his meeting and bought his uniform. After we got home and I started to work on attaching patches, he practiced putting on the neckerchief with the slide. He was soooo very excited to be a Boy Scout. When the meeting was over the next day, he said, "Is that it?". Such a cute boy! He is working on earning his Bobcat patch :) More to come on that!!!

I forgot about these pictures from the Liberty Science Center. I took the kids the first weekend of the month because I got free admission with my Bank of America card. I guess BofA is good for something! LSC is in Liberty State Park.....on the Jersey side of the Hudson River. It's also where we got on the ferry with Granny and the McNutts to go to the Statue of Liberty. A huge science museum, a view of the State of Liberty and NYC made for a fun, cheap afternoon!!

They wanted to do an experiment making an estuary....like the Hudson River....where fresh water and salt water meet. I learned something too!!!

It was a self-guided experiment. They did it all themselves!

0 comments: