Thursday, May 5, 2011

Boston

I am so slow. I guess it's because I am getting older. Some people get their pictures posted to facebook and their blog as soon as they take them, practically. I, unfortunately, am another story.

We FINALLY had our Spring Break the week of April 18th. And we were all off! Chris and I didn't work, so we decided we would use a little of our hard-earned money and take a short vacation. We hit Boston for three days, and ended up having a GREAT time!

The kids thought it was sooooooo far away, but I explained to them it was like driving from Lubbock to Dallas. Well, I was only half-way correct. Time-wise it was like driving from L to D. But otherwise it was not! Driving through the Tri-state area, including crossing the George Washington bridge to drive through NYC is not quite the same as driving through West Texas. It was just a LITTLE bit different. Traffic was just a little worse and we only drove through 5 states. I was excited because it was the furthest north I have ever been in the United States!

I am posting these pictures in reverse. This is some of what we did the day we drove back to Jersey. We ate lunch at Cheers bar. No, the food was not that great, but the experience was :)




We sat in the room that had the replica of the set. Can't you just imagine Woody behind that bar?


Then on our way out, we walked around Fenway park. I really wish we had the time and money to take a tour, Chris would have loved it. And I have to admit, I thought it was pretty cool too!


This was the best view we could get of the field.

Chris, Jaron and Ted. Nice picture of my men :)

So there will be more pictures of Boston to come. As much as we love NYC, Boston was a much more pleasant big city experience. It was MUCH cleaner and much less crowded. We would love to go back sometime and take some of you with us!!

1 comments:

Julie Weaver said...

Never been to Boston, or Fenway Park but I have been to the Red Sox Spring Training field in Fort Myers, Florida (where we lived for 5 years). And there is even a little "Yawkey Way" Park across the street.

Looks like you guys had fun!