Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Where Do I Begin?

I know, I know. It's taken me too long to post our pictures from our trip back to Texas. We have just been soooooo busy! We stepped off the plane in Philly on the 22nd and were back at school and work the next day. And we haven't stopped since then!! It's amazing how busy school, work and Girl Scouts can keep us! Jordan participated in her first "Thinking Day" festivities for Girl Scouts. It was at the high school down the street, all of the troops in our area were there, each representing a different country....it was fun :)

And since we have been back I have been cramming for the New Jersey Teacher Certification test I took Saturday. Since I am already certified in Texas, all I had to do was take this test, but I didn't realize how much I had forgotten since my college days! I took my TX certification test ELEVEN years ago. Then I taught elementary music and forgot anything I had learned about instrumental music. So, I have been a little overwhelmed and, needless to say, worried. The test was pretty challenging, so I am really hoping for good results.

To the good stuff......our trip to Texas started in Dallas with Grandad and Dee Dee. Dad picked us up at Love Field and we also got to meet Nana and Papa, Uncle B and Aunt K, and Grandpa Small and Jeanette at Rosa's for supper. It was so exciting to see everyone! AND to be eating Mexican food!!!!

We spent the night at GD and DD's and had a little Christmas gift exchange and just enjoyed hanging out. The first thing Jaron did was find any and all toys in the house, and he also came across a dinosaur book. Sweetness!!



The kids have always enjoyed playing outside with Cooper and Rowdy :)

The next day we got up and Dad took us to Dinosaur Valley in Glen Rose. It was great!!

We saw real dino footprints. Jaron was beside himself.



Yes, he is being a dinosaur in all of the above pictures. Jordan designated herself as the "reader" of all the information boards throughout the park.

We got to walk across the river.......



to see more dino footprints in the water.


The pictures don't do justice. It really was cool.

Jaron was able to tell us what kind of dino left this print because of the three toes....I forget now what it was!!









Before we left the kids got to go on a Fossil Dig!

They sifted through sand for real fossils. They got to keep their favorite three. Jaron kept telling Grandad it was the best day ever :)

So.....in a few days I will add some more pictures from our wonderful time in Lubbock. We love all of you sooooooooo much!

1 comments:

Tonya said...

Oh man, I'm sure that was the time of his life!!! So excited he got to experience that. Can't wait to hear more....just wish we could have seen each other. Miss you!