After the Dinosaur Valley, Nana and Papa (Steve and Sherri) picked us up at Dad and Debbie's and we headed to Lubbock. It was a beautiful day, and that long drive was somewhat tolerable only because we were with people we loved!! We got to meet N and P's new dog, Josie. She is an adorable papillon. We made a couple of pit stops, and got to Lubbock around 7. The last time we were in TX, the wind turbines stretched from Abilene to Snyder. Now they are pretty much up the entire way to Lubbock! It is quite a sight.....they stretch as far as the eye can see.
I do miss the West Texas sky. ONLY when it is not filled with dust.
Some of the turbines send energy all the way to our neighbor, Pennsylvania!!!!
Look at that blue sky. No smog, no haze. Just blue.
We went straight to Mom's when we arrived in Lubbock, she and the McNutts were there waiting for us!! She left up her Christmas decorations and we had Christmas in February! Mom cooked a roast and then we tore into the gifts. It was a Christmas filled with wonderful homemade things. Candace made me a gorgeous turquoise scarf and they gave me a jelly watch, which I had never heard of, but are obviously all the rage now. Mom made me the most adorable pot holders/trivets. I made everyone a scarf, even Wesley, and the first thing he did was tie it around his head. Dork. The kids were drowning in toys and dollar bin goodies :) It was wonderful.....just to be there together, making a mess and having a great time!
So in the frenzy of packing for the trip and making sure I had head phones and chargers for the iPods and cell phones, I left the camera battery charger behind :/ I was only able to take a few pictures with our camera and had to borrow Candace's for the rest of the trip. So I am not really sure when these pics were taken!
All I know is we were shocked with the difference in temperature between there and here. The kids were running around in shorts and Tshirts all week!! I didn't even pack shorts! We had to borrow some!!!! It was great!
I cannot explain how much I love my niece and nephew. They(and Keats and Kemper) are the sweetest kids on the planet, besides my own.
Mom continued to give us plenty to laugh about. One day while we were hanging at the McNutt house, she fell asleep on the couch. Instead of grabbing the blanket that was in the basket next to her, she gathered up all of our jackets and used them to cover up with. She is a mess!
My hero!!!! Actually, he is a pain. Wesley Maynard sent me a thousand text messages while we were driving to Lubbock, asking where we were, claiming I did the same to him when they came up here last summer. I would NEVER do such a thing. Don't tell him or Candace, but they have no idea how proud I am of them. They are a miracle. I am so incredibly thankful that we all got to spend time together. There was a time when they were facing the fight of their lives, fighting FOR Wes's life. I love them so very much.
And this really is my hero. My precious, wonderful, angel with a yucky snake on his shirt!!!
March 2018
3 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment