Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dog Days


Don't worry, there are more Georgia pictures on the way. I am just a little overwhelmed with how many I am going to have to download! But one of these days when I have a free hour or two (yeah right), I will get it done.

In the meantime, enjoy these pics of an impromptu trip to Princeton and a wonderful discovery we made!




Here it is! The fountain we discovered over by the library on the Princeton campus....








On our way back to the car, we had to say hi to the tigers. It is a ritual, we can't leave until Jaron sees the mummy in the art museum and visits the tiger statues.



We have definitely worked on being creative this summer. By that I mean I have really encouraged the kids to find ways to entertain themselves when they are bored instead of the old-stand-by (the TV). They both have a list on the fridge of things they like to do, and I give them some advice too. On this particular day Jaron discovered some sunglasses while rummaging around in his room, so naturally he wanted to go outside to wear them. So his idea was to play with the Moon sand while he wore his glasses. What a cutie!

And I tell you, we have a little artist on our hands. Jordan's idea one day was to color on the stepping stones outside with the chalk. This tulip and daisy picture was her creation on day 1.

The sunrise was on day 2........

And the deer family was on day 3. Seriously, have you ever seen anything more adorable in your life?

2 comments:

Vandana said...

Nice pictures of Jordana nd Jaron's....they seemed to have enjoyed themselves....i am glad.

Loved Jordan's creation on the stepping stones....they were beautiful...keep it up Artist...

Hill Country Happenings said...

love to see them using their creativity!