I actually posted these pictures in the wrong order.....we did the Statue of Liberty on Monday and the World Trade Center on Wednesday. However, they are still fun to look at!!Candace and Wes before we got on the ferry at Liberty State Park.
Me and my Cooney (that's her nickname...I have no idea where it came from ;)
Those sweet, precious, angel, booger babies!!!!!
Waiting to get our ferry tickets....we picked the hottest, muggiest day to be outside. We were glad to find any air-conditioned place.
Look at the Empire State Building and the American flag!
Granny is such a tourist.
I LOVE this picture.......
Our view from the ferry.......
Our view once we got on the island.
Jaron's first question was, "Why is she holding a chicken?" (He thought the flame on the torch was a chicken!)
It was sooooooo hard, virtually impossible to get the Statue AND the kids all in one picture. This is the best I could do.
Aren't they adorable!?
As we were leaving, we got another great view of Lady Liberty, the same one immigrants from hundreds of years ago had. It was really an amazing sight, one that cannot be put into words. And you know me, I can't help but connect it all with Jesus........people came to this country to find a better life, freedom. I am thankful we have found that in Jesus!
The Brooklyn Bridge in the foreground, the Manhattan Bridge behind.This time last year...............but this year! Healing!!!!!!!!!!!
Two of my most favorite people on the planet :)
Look at Wes!!!!!!
March 2018
4 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment