Thursday, February 25, 2010

Choices

We have been anticipating another big blizzard-like snow storm for about a week. I think it's here. It isn't supposed to stop snowing until Friday night, it started last night. By the time it's all said and done, we will probably have 15+ inches again. And of course Central Jersey is right in the middle of the worst part of the storm. I was hoping and praying that it wouldn't snow at all, that school would not be canceled and that we would not be stuck at home again. We are big home-bodies, but when we can't even get out to go to the library, it can get a little frustrating.

However, things are a little different today. It is still snowing, the storm is still supposed to be really bad, but I have made a choice.

There are people all over this world, people even connected to my life in some way, that have faced, or are facing tremendous devastation in their lives. I am talking about people loosing their homes, not having clean water, food or adequate shelter. People who have been mistreated in ways we can't even fathom. People who are fighting cancer, who have had babies too early, who have lost their babies, who have lost spouses. And children who have had loving, giving parents and have had to say good bye......permanently. My heart breaks for people who are facing such heart-rending pain and loss. I wish that I could take their pain and suffering away forever....especially those who are close to me.

Since I am not the One with the power to do that, I have chosen to place my trust in the One who gives and takes away. The One who conquered death once and for all. The One who loves us unconditionally. The One who has kept my husband and my children, and allows me to hold them and touch them every single day. His name is Jesus...and He is my strength.

I have chosen not to gripe about the snow........ something that is causing all of us to be home together!! I am so thankful we have a warm home, food in the fridge, and health in our bodies. We can enjoy this day to the fullest, loving each other, and loving God. Thanks be to Him!!!!
On a nature walk this past weekend. Jaron is sporting the scarf I made!!! And Jordy is sporting her new sunglasses.

At the entrance to our complex, there is a huge sycamore tree.....we call it the Zaccheus Tree. (Zaccheus climbed the sycamore tree to see Jesus passing by). They love the Zaccheus Tree!!!

2 comments:

Hill Country Happenings said...

love this - I agree with your choice!

Ali said...

AMEN!

(i need a "like" button for blogs.)