We have had quite a week. Been pretty busy, seems like we have had something to do everyday. Jordan had a field trip that Chris chaperoned, I took Jaron to kindergarten orientation, Jordan had Field Day at school, and we spent lots of time with our friends. We also learned how precious life is, and how precious our loved ones are.Here's Jordii running a relay race with a sponge full of water.
And another relay race involving water!
Some of her classmates waiting to start yet another water relay race. Her friends are Jordan L., Krishna and J.P.
Here is Jaron sitting in one of the kindergarten classrooms listening to one of the teachers at orientation. They taught the kids a song, Jaron sang and participated very well. I don't think he knew I was watching!!! Then he got to stay while the parents got a tour of the school and played with play-do!!
Such a big school for such a little boy!!!!
He was very proud to stand in front of HIS school and take a picture. Now Dutch Neck is Jordan AND Jaron's school!!!
Saturday we spent most of the afternoon at the farm with our friends. This is Emily's family. She has two older brothers that went with us. Her brother Manny is Jordan's age, and their classrooms are across the hall from each other.
They had a great time taking turns flying the kite. It was a great way to wear them out!
Manny is pushing the swing for his brother Christopher, Emily and Jordan.
I know this just looks like a random mass of twigs, leaves and rocks, but Jaron and Emily found a little-bitty green caterpillar in the dirt and made it a home. They worked very hard and were very proud :)
And this cute little bunny has spent alot of time in our backyard lately eating grass. The kids named him Brown Eyes...he is so cute! So now we have Judy the Chipmunk and Brown Eyes the rabbit, along with a whole slew of squirrels, blue jays, doves, cardinals, chickadees, woodpeckers and a bunch of other birds I can't remember the name of! We love our little wild life sanctuary :)
And today after church, we stopped at the Hershey's store in Times Square. It was super crowded and over-priced, but I got another magnet for my fridge!!!!!!!!
This is a video of the cutest gosling at the farm. Jaron and Emily are feeding the goat, too. Actually, Emily just wanted to throw the corn at the animals !!!
Now, back to learning about how precious life and our loved ones are........My Aunt Norma, Dad's oldest sister, had a stroke. I think at first things were a little uncertain about her recovery, but now, PRAISE GOD!, things are getting better for her. I thank God for that, it is only because of Him that she is doing well.
Secondly, we had quite a shock with my brother-in-law, Wes. He is my sister's husband. He found out this week that he has testicular cancer that has spread to his lungs. He is 35 years old. He is in great physical shape, eats well, takes care of himself, loves his family, loves the Lord...I couldn't believe the news when I heard it. It really threw me for a loop. It wasn't that long ago that we were in Lubbock spending time with them, and everything seemed fine. It is frustrating how life can take such sharp turns without any warning. I don't understand it, and I am not going to pretend to ever understand it. My sister and my niece and nephew need their man! He is a wonderful husband and father!!! I just don't get it, but I know, even if I am confused, frustrated or angry that God with be with Wes, Candace, Jaden and Claire. If I didn't have that hope, I would be miserable with worry. I am thankful that God is merciful, that He loves us, and that He provided healing through Jesus Christ. I may hold on by the tips of my fingernails sometimes, but I have to hold on to that truth. PLEASE pray for my sister's family. Pray for Wes during his treatment that he starts tomorrow, pray for Candace, Jaden and Claire that they will have strength and comfort during this time. The only way they can make it through this is with the supernatural help of the Holy Spirit. Thank you, my friends and family for praying and believing with us!!
March 2018
3 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment