Monday, October 17, 2011

Samarian's Purse

Since we have been living in New Jersey we have been filling a shoebox each Christmas to send to a needy child somewhere in this hurting world. The kids love it, they take great joy and pride in picking out special things for children they don't even know. We try and make sure to pray for these unknown faces and we are always excited when I receive the email telling us where our packages went. They have gone to places like Cambodia, Madagascar, Honduras.

Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization.....people sold-out to the love of Christ, desiring to spread that love to a lost world. I get things pretty regularly in the mail from Samaritan's Purse, but the other day I got something that filled my heart with joy and I have thought about it alot since I received it. It was their Gift Catalog for Christmas 2011. Please look at the link. It is a catalog FULL of things like:

~ provide milk for a needy child for a week......$5
~feed a hungry baby for a week.....$9
~give an orphan a month of loving care.....$35
~blankets.......$6
~hot meals......$7
~Bibles.....$15
~clean water for a community......$20
~shoes and clothing.......$25
~fruit trees........$45
~baby chicks for a community........$14

Chris and I showed it to the kids tonight after supper. They loved it. I told them we were going to leave it out on the table and pray about what God wants us to purchase. I want to do it all. I want one of everything!!!! I am so thankful for this catalog that I didn't even know existed, that I didn't even know was coming. God is working to spread the love and FREEDOM of Christ across the globe, there are millions upon millions that have discovered Jesus and his goodness, and our little family is praying that it would continue to explode through the power of the Holy Spirit. God's Word will not return void!!!

1 comments:

Tonya said...

Awesome!! Our church is doing boxes this year. And part of my first Thirty-One paycheck is going to Operation Christmas Child. YAY!! I can't wait to give!!!