Jordan has had her birthday party planned for months. We didn't do it in June because her 3 best friends went out of town as soon as school was out. One went to India, one to Toronto and one to Tennessee. Now they are all back, and last week we had a great time with them!!!
We went with the American Girl theme.
And what's a party without crafts?!!? They really enjoyed those stuffed animals. Each one came with markers so they could color them! They were on sale at Michael's for $1.50!!!!!!!!!!
Dinner time!!!! Jordan's menu was green chili spaghetti, salad and garlic toast. Her friends from left to right are Ameera (BFF since kindergarten), Claire (BFF since 2nd grade) and Khushi (BFF in the 3rd grade). Khushi and her family are vegan so we had to be really careful about what we ate!
Silly pic!!!!!!!!
After dinner, they had several rousing sessions of pin the tail on the donkey AND pin the purse on the lady.
Cake time!!! Again, it had to be vegan for Khushi. I had to go to the Whole Foods Market to get it. My wallet did not approve! They did make a vegan red velvet cake. It was lovely, BUT I am really glad we are not vegan. I hate to admit it, but that cake tasted funky!!!! Fortunately none of the girls cared :)
Sweet, sweet birthday girl.
Each girl brought their American Girl doll. Jordan's is the one in the striped pajamas :) Her name is Molly :) I forget the names of the other dolls!
And before they settled down for an AG movie, they gave their dolls make-overs and got them ready for bed.
They were so adorable!!!!!!!!
I was a little nervous because I have never had that many kids spend the night in our teeny-tiny apartment, but they are all so well-behaved, it was a great success!! I hope they had as much fun as Jordan did. Her friends totally made her birthday the best ever!
ADDENDUM:
Jaron brought home this tiny pumpkin sprout from school several months ago. He planted it in the ground one day and I thought for sure it would die. Oh no! It did just the opposite!!! It grew and grew and grew and is still growing!
We stayed one weekend in the city at a friend's apartment...the weekend of Chris's last Phantom rehearsal. When we got back on Sunday night, we were thrilled to discover several little pumpkins!!!!
March 2018
3 months ago
1 comments:
That green chile spaghetti sounds delicious...can I get the recipe?
Post a Comment