Monday, December 20, 2010

Rockefeller 2010


On Sunday afternoon, we braved the crowds and took our annual walk to Rockefeller Center to see the Christmas tree. It was amazing as always, and the pictures just don't do it justice! Of course, it's even more spectacular at nighttime.

On our way we were sidetracked, as usual, by the huge nutcrackers across the street from Radio City Music Hall..........



And the cute little train........


and the humongous Christmas balls.

When we got to the Rock, we watched the ice skaters for a few minutes. Or actually I should say the ice fallers try to skate!!

Such good kids.....Jaron had just gotten a stern look from Daddy. He was upset with me because I wouldn't let him go in the overcrowded Lego store. Daddy wanted him to smile in the picture. I don't know what Chris said, but next thing I knew, Jaron had a lovely smile to share!


I also realized I had never gotten a picture of Atlas.

We ended up walking up 5th avenue, trying to find a place to get a quick, cheap meal. (I know, cheap and NYC do not belong in the same sentence.) It was really nice to be outside, walking, not in a hurry, just taking in the sights. Here are just a few cool things I saw......


The Cartier building. That red bow across the top and down the side was all lights!



Tommy Hilfiger. Again, the green stuff was all lights.

And the Fendi building was cool because the lights made it look like the icicles were dripping!

Only in New York City.

0 comments: