Sunday, November 8, 2009

HaLloWeEn

So our Halloween festivities began Thursday night in Princeton. We gathered with tons of other people in Hines Plaza, out in front of the public library to wait for the Princeton University band to lead us in the parade.

For about a month Jordan talked about how she was going to be a ballerina for Halloween, then a week before Halloween she decided she wanted to be a butterfly. Then Wednesday afternoon she told me she wanted to be something scary. So I said, "That's fine, but you have to use things you already have in your dress-up box." She came up with a vampire chef. Not quite sure what she is cooking up in that bowl!!!!!!!

Jaron was happy to be his shark that we made out of a gray hoodie, felt and cardboard.



They got a little bored waiting........

But the band finally showed up.

And the parade finally started!!

On Friday we got to celebrate at school. I got to help all those cute little kindergarteners get dressed. Mrs. McGuinness had it all very well organized. Jaron was one of the first to get his costume on because it slipped over his head. Then he went and looked at a book, just like Mrs. McGuinness asked. He was so obedient the entire time I was there. He did everything she asked without any whinning or complaining.........I wasn't sure he was my child!!!!!!

Everyone got to have a turn standing in the middle of the circle and telling the class what their costume was. The class loved Jaron's shark fin!

Such a good boy, he was clapping for his friends.

And Mrs. McGuinness was the Tooth Fairy! All of the kinder teachers were...they all carried a huge toothbrush, a dime and their neckalces were those little plastic teeth cases the kids put their real teeth in when they fall out.

Lined up and ready to go out for the parade!


Thursday night, right before Jordan got in bed she said she didn't want to be a vampire chef at school, she wanted to be a rock star. UUUUGGGGHHHH! This is what we threw together. I thought she ended up being really cute (she always is).


I love this picture of her looking at her huge, green ring. And the kids in the picture are our neighbors. Shazib and Claire. Jordan and Claire really have enjoyed each other this year.

Going back in for snacks!

This is Jaron's signature look......scrunching up his little face!

When I made it to Jordan's class they were playing Hangman, and she was seriously bossing everyone around........they weren't guessing this right letters, that letter had already been guessed, that doesn't make any sense, etc.

Jordan and Feyi were in the same class last year, too. They are good friends also, and a little silly!!

Saturday after Nutcracker practice we headed out to Trick-or-Treat. We started at the leasing office and then we went to Emma's apartment.

This was the first door they knocked on.........

Then we went to the bus stop and waited for some other friends to join us. Aren't they cute?!?!

This was the last picture I got because we were overtaken by children!!!!!!!! This is another friend, Ananya. I think there were a thousand kids out that day....I could not believe how many kids there were!! I got a little nervous because I was having trouble keeping up with Jordan and Jaron. I was sweating profusely from climbing stairs and chasing them!!!!!! I was so glad to get home and sit down!! But it was fun :)

Saturday night Jordan came down with fever. It wasn't very high, but it was still a fever. And she had it all day Sunday along with a bit of a cough and congestion. Being the pessimist that I am, I thought she had the flu. Then I called the school to leave a message that she would be out on Monday and the phone line was busy. It was busy all night and all of Monday morning. This sent my head spinning. I was thinking there was a flu outbreak and the phone lines were tied up because so many kids were out!!!! Jordan stayed home again Tuesday because she developed fever again Monday afternoon and they have to be fever free for 24 hours before they can go back to school. Tuesday afternoon while I was waiting at the bus stop to pick up Jaron, we moms were all talking about who all was sick. And there have been alot of sick kids! I also found out that day that one of our good friends came down with the swine flu!!!!! So I went home thinking we were all getting the swine flu.......seriously! But as it turned out Jordy just had a little cold. I kept her home Wednesday, just to be on the safe side, and Thursday and Friday were a holiday. We have basically shut ourselves in this week!!! Then Chris and I had a huge allergy attack Friday night and Saturday. I thought my head was going to explode from the sinus pressure. But we are better today :) Thankfully no H1N1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope y'all have a good week!

1 comments:

Hill Country Happenings said...

love the creative costumes! good job momma!